“NAKANAORI” (Friends Again) Contest Entry Form
In order for everyone around the world to be friends, we want to make the word “NAKANAORI” (Friends Again) known not only in Japan, but also globally.
For the contest, children are asked to freely draw a picture or write a composition with the theme of Nakanaori (Friends Again). The goal is for all of us to spread this idea to all our circles of friends around the world.
Who can participate?
Preschoolers (infants) can participate in the drawing part of the contest, while elementary school students can participate in the composition part of the contest.
Application submission deadline is September 23, 2019 (Monday). Applications must have a post-mark of September 23, 2019 or earlier.
Application for Drawings and Essays
1. Application qualifications for Drawings
a) Applicant must be of preschool age (i.e. not yet attending elementary school)
b) The drawing is to be on the theme of the concept of Nakanaori (Friends Again), which is the ability reconcile with others after there has been a disagreement.
c) The drawing can be on paper of any size, and be freely drawn using crayons, colored pencils, paints, or other instruments.
2. Application qualifications for Essays
a) Applicant must be of elementary school age.
b) Essay is to be on the theme of Nakanaori (Friends Again). Children are asked to freely write about their own experiences or thoughts about making friends, staying friends, and once more becoming friends again after a disagreement
c) Length can be 1 or 2 sheets of paper. If in Japanese, it can be up to 400 characters. If in English, it can be 200 – 400 words. Please staple both sheets.
The first Kazuna picture book series “NAKANAORI” (Friends Again) (written by Kapilina / Asahi Student Newspaper) is a good reference in which applicants can come to understand the top, in preparation for the applications.
About Purchasing Reference Books
Complete application form (see download button), and then attach pictures or essays. Send it by postal mail.
Application Form Download (Click here)
- An applicant can submit any number of essays or pictures as they want (i.e. not limited to one drawing or essay)
- Please be sure the work submitted (pictures and essays) are done by hand.
- Entries must be unpublished works.
- The work will not be returned.
- The copyright of the winning work belongs to the contest organizers.
- Take care not to disclose personal information in the drawings and essays.
- The applicant name, school name, grade, etc. of the winners of the Nakanaori (Friends Again) Contest will be posted on the Kizuna Picture Book Series website. In some cases, newspapers and other media may pick up the applicant names, school names, and grades of the winners.
Postal mailing Address for applications
Nakanaori (Friends Again) Contest
Ensign Building 12F
Japan Public Relations Research Institute
4-28-4 Yotsuya, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo 160-0004 YKB
1. Applications will be judged for creativity in communicating the theme of Nakanaori (making friends again).
2. Judges (listed in Japanese alphabetic order)
- Dr. Takahashi Inoue (Specially Appointed Professor, Graduate School of Business Administration, Kyoto University, Director, Japan Public Relations Research Institute)
- Mr. Yoshiki Otake (Founder of Aflac)
- Kapilina (picture book writer: Tatsuo Furusawa)
- Zomahoun Idossou Rufin (Former Ambassador of Benin to Japan, Talent)
- Ikuko Newell Tsuboya (Chairman, Tokyo International School,)
- Satoru Nagafuka (Director, Mutsumi Kitadera Nursery School, former principal of public elementary school)
- Kaori Nishi (Lecturer, Kanto Gakuin Rokko Children’s Garden)
- Uichiro Niwa (former Ambassador of the People’s Republic of China, former chairman of ITOCHU Corporation)
- First Place – Nakanaori (Friends Again) Contest – Best Drawing
- First Place – Nakanaori (Friends Again) Contest – Best Essay
- Special Mention – awarded to 5 applicants – Drawings
- Special Mention – awarded to 5 applicants – Essays
- Manza Onsen Family Accommodation Voucher (2 adults, 2 children)
- Other prices.
Winning announcement and award ceremony
1. Winning announcement:
It will be announced in early October in the Kazuna picture book series website ( https://kizuna-ehon.com/en/ ). Winners will be contacted individually.
2. Award ceremony:
- Day: Order and October 20th (Sunday), 2 pm to 4 pm (1:30 pm)
- Venue: Foreign Correspondent’s Club of Japan (FCCJ) 3-2-3 Marunouchi, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo Marunouchi, Nijubashi Building 5F
- At the award ceremony, Japanese and foreign infants, elementary school students and parents will participate along with domestic and international media. In addition, the child participants can enjoy read the Nakanaori (Friends Again) picture book and singing an dancing to the “Nanaori” song..
Organizer (and supporters)
- Organizer: “NAKANAORI” (Friends Again), 4-28-4 Yotsuya, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo YKB Ensign Building 12F
- Co-sponsored by: Japan Public Relations Research Institute
- Support: Asahi Student Newspaper
- Cooperation: Nelly’s / Manza Onsen Nisshin Kan(4 Star Hotel)
Please address inquiries to the below
Japan Public Relations Research Institute
“Nakanaori Contest Section”, a group that spreads “NAKANAORI” (Friends Again) to the world